Friday, November 23, 2007

Smoke on the water

Tonight is the opening of the Kunstsupermarkt. With works from 120 artists. The museum is turned into a art supermarkt .
I sneaked in yesterday, it was not all in place but it looked very nice.

Unpretentious.
Art made common, price tags on artworks.
All under 350 euros. Almost like art for dump prices.
Like a 1 euro store.
A western cave of Aladdin, treasures to take home.

Will I ever find the lamp and let the jinn out?
Turn the museum room into an enchanted place, the way I dream it to be.
Far far away from a capitalist world?
A place to dwell in wonder.

Sugar sweet dreams.

Smoke on the water-Deep Purple

1 comment:

Sara lechner said...

oh, please, take pictures. I love to see art markets because here in Austria we have almost none!
and thank you for the poetic comment in my blog!