Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Oh So Quiet

It's a grey and moist day. In my head there are heavy fluffy clouds, it's fine with me as long as I can stay inside my cosy studio. Instead of sleeping I've read a novel last night ; Elizabeth Noble - The reading group.
A group of five women in a little English town, and their life drama. It's well written and a nice read. And I love the beginning of each chapter with excerpts from the novels the group reads. How I love to read in books about books.

In my deepest darkest hours that's one of the things that keeps me going; the knowledge that there are thousands of great books still to read. Beside good sex, chocolate and my lovely daughter :-)
And art, I keep on thinking about the diamond skull from Damian Hirst. Money wise it's such a incredible thing, I like it for being over the top and still so spiritual. Such an ode to the love for life and the divinity within humans to me.

From tonight until Sunday night on a local tv-station (Rtv Parkstad Limburg) there will be a six minutes item about my art and me. The photo above was taken last Wednesday while waiting for the team to arrive. I already saw the trailer, it was really colourful and I must say I look sweeter on film than I imagined :-). It's not that I say deep thoughts about my work, but as a first acquaintance to my work and me it's alright. And so nice they made it, if it's possible I'll put the trailer on my blog soon.

Love from my fluffy head and joyful heart.

No comments: